Free School Meals Information
Free School Meals Eligible by Benefit
All School Years
If you receive any of the benefits listed below, and your child attends an LA maintained school or Academy in Bath and North East Somerset, please register for Free School Meals - Eligible By Benefit (EBB).
Registrations could attract Pupil Premium funding for your child’s school, £1,3245 per Primary pupil and £955 per Secondary pupil.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (WITHOUT Working Tax Credit) and have and annual household income (as assessed by HMRC) below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit Run-on which is only paid for 4 weeks after you STOP qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under PartV1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Visit www.bathnes.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals for further information.
**** IMPORTANT ****
Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
Did you know you may qualify your Primary School for £1,320 worth of Pupil Premium Funding if you are entitled to Free School Meals eligible by benefit?
If you think you may be entitled, please ask for further information at reception, check on line at www.bathnes.gov.uk and search Free School Meals to see eligible benefits.
Or you can contact The Free School Meal Team on 01225 394317 to check your entitlement. All that is needed is your National Insurance Number and date of birth.
You can still apply for benefit Free School Meals while receiving Universal Infant Free School Meals.
It is important that children register for Free School Meals if their parent/guardian receives any of the eligible benefits. Registering for Free School Meals attracts additional funding for your school and may also qualify children for additional financial support for other activities eg:- School Trips. Although it is recommended the child eats the meal, this is optional and parents/guardians should register regardless of whether or not the child wants a meal.